Joint Capability Group Unmanned Aircraft Systems
The JCGUAS is the source of technical and operational UAS information for NATO and addresses UAS issues including acquisition design, employment, the demonstration of UAS System capabilities, identification of a common approach to airspace management, complementary use among UAS Categories, operator training and standards, and doctrine including tactics/operational procedures. The Group also looks to enhance and facilitate interoperability, develop a common standard of data transmission and address the provision for complimentary uses of different fleets, tactics, techniques and procedures.
The overall aim of the group is to improve the operational effectiveness of UAS in NATO and coalition environments by ensuring availability, interoperability, utility and operational integrity of UAS.
JCGUAS Conference Mission
- Explore developments, plans and current thinking
- Seek innovative input for futures thinking
- Provide thought leadership on current hot issues
- Demonstrate level of collaboration with allies and partners
- Enable meetings between nations to enhance dialogue